Food Stuff, Part 2: Cauliflower Plant-Based Hot Wings
If I didn’t mention it in most conversations, didn’t Blog about it, and didn’t post about it on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter, you probably wouldn’t even know that I’m living a plant-based lifestyle.
“Plant-based” is the cool way to say you’re “vegetarian.”
And when I say I’m “plant-based”, I mean …wait. Ya know what I hate about most Blogs with a recipe? Those Blog posts usually have a thousand words before they get to the recipe. Not me. I’m getting right to the point.
Found a recipe for cauliflower hot wings. I modified some things so they’d be easier to make (and taste better). Here’s how to make ’em. You’ll love them. My non-plant-based family (including my teenage son) like these.
- 1 head of cauliflower
- vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp garlic sea salt
- 3 TBS almond milk
- 1/2 cup hot wing or buffalo sauce
- more vegetable oil
Follow these steps…
- Cut the cauliflower into pieces about the size of chicken wings
- Drizzle enough vegetable oil into a mixing bowl and shake around (so cauliflower is is covered)
- Sprinkle some flour onto the cauliflower pieces (in a bowl) and shake ’em around (cover with cling wrap to avoid flour going all over your damn kitchen)
- Sprinkle some more flour and shake ’em around
- Sprinkle some more flour (the rest of it) and shake ’em around.
- Drizzle almond milk into the bowl of flour-covered cauliflower and shake it around
- Pour onto a baking sheet (line with parchment paper or foil)
- Cook at 425 degrees for 20 minutes
- After 20 minutes, take it out of the oven and move the cauliflower to a bowl
- Drizzle with some hot wing sauce and shake around
- Drizzle with some more hot wing sauce and shake around
- Drizzle with the rest of the hot wing sauce and shake around
- Dump everything back onto the baking sheet and put back into the oven
- Bake for 20 minutes
- Broil for 5 minutes at the end.
Eat ’em. Dip them in ranch dressing (or bleu cheese if you’re a freak).
Amaze your friends.
Feel good you’re plant-based like me.
Trust me. These are good.